To act as a trusted advisor and help secure the business, the life and the legacy of every client we serve.
- Guide clients in the gathering of financial data and, using MCC’s best practices and procedures, efficiently prepare audit, review and compilation engagement documents
- Provide clients, management and other team members with clear, timely and friendly feedback on the engagement’s status.
- Become more valuable to the firm each year by creating and building personal skills, including accounting and construction industry credentials. Bring new ideas and opportunities to the firm and clients.
- Strong personal revenue production and realization on projects.
- Contribute to the firm’s business development by representing MCC at professional industry associations, to introduce firm to potential clients.
- Develop quality client relationships and loyalty and maintain meaningful client contact.
- Enthusiasm - Exhibits passion and excitement over work. Has a can-do attitude
- Strong work ethic – possesses a strong willingness to work hard and to get the job done
- Organized – Ability to manage projects and keep them moving. Plans time efficiently.
- Proactive – Contacts clients regularly to ensure project deadlines are met.
- Analytic Skills – Ability to scrutinize complex accounting issues and develop solutions.
- Client service mentality – Shows sincere interest in clients’ affairs and sincere desire to help.
- Good communicator – Speaks and writes in a clear and friendly manner.
- Technical expertise – Understands accounting principles and work product incorporates current authoritative literature.
- Accountable – Holds self accountable for successes and failures
- Work in the Firm’s office and on the client’s premises. Work on the client’s premises may require the use of the staff member’s personal vehicle.
- Low to moderate overtime required throughout the year. High level of overtime may be required to complete financial engagements.
- College undergraduate degree with at least 36 hours in upper-level accounting courses or equivalent experience.
- Expectation is that CPA certification will be granted within 3 months of completing the 12 months experience requirement.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked to perform other instructions and duties. The Firm’s management has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the firm may terminate employment at any time, for any reason. Revised 8.16.21