To establish rapport and build MCC’s relationship with a variety of clients by cleaning up their books and records, establishing bookkeeping “best practices” and guiding client’s internal staff in maintaining excellent books and records.
- Set up new client’s chart of accounts using MCC best practice guidelines and ensuring that their internal staff demonstrates understanding by following-up regularly until their monthly entries have 2 or fewer mistakes.
- Proactively contact clients to provide regular maintenance and upkeep of their books and records. Ensure that they have excellent records to make management decisions and can provide timely, clean records to MCC prior to the start of any financial statement, tax return or tax planning project. MCC professional staff will need to do 2 or fewer journal entries upon receiving these records.
- Deliver excellent client service by preparing timely and accurate compliance documents such as sales tax returns, personal property tax, depreciation schedules, financial statement and tax workpapers, debt amortization schedules, and fringe benefit calculations for W-2s.
- Develop quality client relationships and loyalty.
- Effective and valued team member. Team members are supported, respected and trained.
- Strong personal revenue production and realization.
- Grow average revenue per client by noting client needs.
- Become more valuable to the firm each year by creating and building personal skills.
- Enthusiasm – Exhibits passion and excitement over work. Has a can-do attitude.
- Strong work ethic – Possesses a strong willingness to work hard and to get the job done.
- Organized – Ability to manage multiple clients and schedule workflow independently.
- Proactive – Contacts clients to maintain personal work flow and ensure clients are kept current.
- Coach – Can teach client’s accounting staff best practices to improve company performance.
- Client service mentality – Shows sincere interest in clients’ affairs and sincere desire to help.
- Friendly, clear communicator – Speaks and writes clearly. Can document work performed and next steps in a friendly e-mail.
- Technical expertise & understands reporting requirements. (QB, state & federal laws)
- Work in the Firm’s office and on the client’s premises. Work on the client’s premises may require the use of the staff member’s personal vehicle.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a bookkeeper/controller, with 2+ years in the construction field.
- Strong understanding of accounting and bookkeeping. Tax prep knowledge a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of Quickbooks and other bookkeeping software.
If interested please e-mail your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked to perform other instructions and duties. The Firm’s management has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the firm may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.